This policy has been developed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Cruising Australia recognises that your privacy is important to you.
- Collection of personal information
We will only collect personal information where such information is reasonably necessary for us to undertake our functions and activities provided by us to you in assisting you to acquire a Travel Product from a Travel Provider and includes advisory and consulting services and facilitation of your purchase from one or more Travel Providers.
Generally, we collect personal information when assisting you to acquire a Travel Product from a Travel Provider and includes advisory and consulting services.
We may also collect personal information when you email us, write to us, call us, text us or interact with us on social media.
Our Site/s also record other information which is used to improve the structure and performance of the site and to provide users with an improved service. Information collected for this purpose may include, overall usage statistics and information downloaded. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users.
Note on using our internet sites concerning ‘Cookies’
The Sites use “Cookies”. A “cookie” is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses our Site/s) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. Our Site/s may also store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent visits to the Site/s.
- Information we may hold about you
We use the following information for us to undertake our functions and activities
- Your contact information. We will hold contact information you provide to us, including name, age, passport, drivers’ licence, postal and business address, phone number, fax number, email address and social media accounts.
- Your payment and invoicing information. We will hold payment and invoicing information you provide to us, which may include credit card number, banking details and invoicing address where you have authorised us to take payments.
- Website usage information. If you use our Site/s, we record the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used, and the address of the referring site or email message.
- Other information about your interactions with us. When you contact us or we interact with you via our office, phone, fax, email, texting, mail or social media, we may hold that information.
- We may use your information in the following ways:
- To process, to assist you to acquire a Travel Product from a Travel Provider and includes advisory and consulting services and facilitation of your purchase from one or more Travel Providers. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, mail, text, social media when we interact with you for these purposes.
Where you have provided us with details of a third party for the purposes of them being an authorised contact for you, please ensure you have that person’s permission to share their information with us.
- To send you payment and invoicing information. We use your personal information for the purposes of finalising your payment/s to us and to allow us to send invoice/receipt and/or other financial information relating to your service you have requested from us. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, mail, or text when we interact with you for these purposes.
- To respond to your enquiries or request. We use your personal information when you have emailed, phoned, faxed, texted, communicated via our website/s, via social media or written to us, to provide you with a response to that enquiry or request.
We may respond to you by email, phone, fax, texting, via our website/s, via social media or mail when we interact with you for these purposes.
- To monitor and improve our services and websites and social media. We may use your personal information to monitor the effectiveness and to improve our understanding of you and in general.
We do this so we can make better informed decisions about our services in general and the benefits.
- Disclosure of your Personal Information
You agree that we may disclose your personal information to related or unrelated third parties in the following manner:
- To our third-party service provides. We may disclose your personal information to a third party so that they can provide services to us including credit card processing, email management and mail out providers.
- Where required by law, court or tribunal. Where we are required by a law, court, or tribunal to provide your personal information, we will provide your personal information in accordance with the requirements or conditions stipulated by the law, court, or tribunal.
- With your consent. Where we have your consent, we may disclose your personal information. If your consent is conditional, we will take reasonable steps to ensure such conditions are complied with.
We do not sell, rent, or share our clients’ lists on a commercial basis to third parties.
- Information Quality
We will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, our collection and storage practices to make improvements to accuracy and security of your personal information.
- Your Personal Information Security
All of our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are required to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. We require our employee and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records which contain personal information are stored appropriately and that access to those records can only be accessible to people within Cruising Australia who have a genuine need to know your personal information. We will review our security practices on a regular basis to determine if new and improved methods of storage can be achieved.
- Access to and alteration of records containing Personal Information.
You may access your personal information that we may be holding in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We will correct our records that contain your personal information as soon as practically possible, at your request in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We do not charge a fee for processing a request to access your personal information or amend your personal information.
If you would like access to your personal information or like to have your personal information corrected, you can do so by contacting us. Further information on contacting us is located in clause 9 of this Policy.
By using the Site/s or our services contained on the Site/s, you signify your assent to this Policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. Where changes have been made to this policy we will publish those changes on our Site/s. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time.
Please check this statement periodically for changes. Your continued use of our website/s and services following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes.
9. Contact us if you have any questions, complaints or require a copy of information we hold about you.
If you have any questions or would like to lodge a complaint about this Policy or an alleged breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or you would like to request copies of the information we hold
about you, please either call us, email or write to us. Our contact information is listed below.
Phone: 08 8366 6590
Mail: Cruising Australia, Steadfast Business Centre, Suite 1, 239 Magill Road, Maylands, SA 5069
*Please do not include your credit card number or other financial or sensitive information in your emails to us.
You can also obtain further information at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner